Single Ply Roofing by Preferred
A superb choice for retail, commercial and flat roofs, Preferred offers a complete line of white and colored single ply roofing membranes.
The leading roof membrane is Single Ply roofing systems. Single Ply roofing consists of rubber polymers made form prefabricated sheets of rubber. They are highly resistant to thermal shocks, chemical residue and high winds, as proven in lab tests and actual use. Single Ply roofing systems set reliability and protection standards for this industry.
Single Ply roofing systems will increase energy efficiency because of the systems high SR (solar reflectivity) and IE (infared emittance). Scoring as one of the highest in CRRC (Cool Roof Rating Council) and Energy Star.
SINGLE PLY ROOFING APPLICATION MEMBRANE CATEGORIES:
- Thermosets: Known for excellent resistance to UV, chemicals and ozone. Rubber polymers commonly made from EPDM (ethylene-propylene-diene-monomer).
- Thermoplastics: Commonly made from PVC (polyvinyl-chloride) giving it long term flexibility and tensile strength. It has excellent resistance to pollutants, chemicals, heat, wind and extreme temperature changes.
- Modified Bitumens: Asphalt materials that are factory-fabricated layers and then modified using a rubber or plastic ingredient for increased flexibility combined with a strength and stability reinforcing agent. The modifying agents are usually APP (atactic polypropylene) and SBS (styrene butadiene styrene)..
BENEFITS OF SINGLE PLY ROOF SYSTEM APPLICATIONS:
- Money saving: Single Ply roofing systems can qualify for tax benefits, rebates and incentives due to the alternate energy source consideration.
- Easy installation: Singly Ply roofing can be applied in any weather conditions. Because the roofing is a lightweight and flexible or semi-flexible pre-manufactured membrane it doesn’t require any heavy equipment.
- Eco-friendly: Singly Ply roofing has the ability to be extremely resistant to chemical, fire, UV exposure, ozone and extreme weather conditions causing its long life cycle and saving the environment from frequent material disposal.
- Long life-cycle: With a long life expectancy, Single Ply roofing system is an excellent financial choice, increasing time before replacement.