Preferred’s #1 priority with every project is safety.
We take every precaution to ensure safety on the job site to keep both our crews and customers safe, and we employ a full-time safety director to train our employees on job site procedures, regulatory compliance, and accident prevention.
We are dedicated to providing a safe project environment, and we received a Platinum Safety Award from the Associate Builders and Contractors organization in 2010.
How does Preferred emphasize safety?
- Safety orientation for new employees
- Hazardous material training
- Scaffolding and ladder safety training
- Fall protection procedures
- Electricity education
- Fire safety
- Forklift training
- Respiratory protection
- Annual reviews of safety procedures
- Weekly “Toolbox Talks” to highlight job-specific safety procedures
- 2014 Tennant Contractor of the Year
- 2013 ABC National Silver Level Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) Award
- 2013 ABC Northeast Chapter Diamond Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) Award
- 2010 Roofing Contractor Magazine Top 100 Roofing Contractor
- 2010 GAF Master Select Roofing Contractor
- 2010 WDG Certificate of Environmental Responsibility
- 2009 Best of Cleveland – Floor Laying & Floor Work
- 2008-2009-2010 ABC Specialty Exterior Contractor of the Year Award
- 2008-2009-2010 ABC STEP Platinum Safety Award
- 2001 Sarnafil Project of the Year Award Winner
- 1999 ABC National Excellence in Construction Award
- 1991 Small Business Administration’s Small Business of the Year
- 1989 PDCA National “Picture it Painted” Award Winner